Give Your Home While You Continue to Live in It

Through a retained life estate, you can donate your home or farm to Children's Home Society of Washington and continue to live there or utilize the property for the rest of your life. You get a sizeable income tax deduction today without having to surrender immediate control of your residence or agricultural property. Upon your death, the property passes to Children's Home Society of Washington outside probate.

Like all gifts of real estate, we must review and approve the transfer ahead of time. If the gift is approved, you can deed the property to Children's Home Society of Washington while reserving your right to live there for the rest of your life. You will be responsible for the house’s ongoing taxes, maintenance and insurance per an agreement with Children's Home Society of Washington. 

Please call 206-695-3290 for a no-obligation illustration of your tax and financial benefits from this gift and to explore if this option is right for you. This is not professional legal or tax advice. Please consult your professional adviser about the consequences of this gift to your situation.