Help strengthen our families and communities by making a tax-free IRA gift to Children's Home Society of Washington. 

  • If you are 70½ or older, you can contribute a portion of your IRA (traditional IRA or Roth IRA) to a public charity, such as Children's Home Society of Washington.
  • You can contribute up to $100,000 per year.
  • Your contribution counts toward your required minimum distribution and you will not pay taxes on this distribution.
  • The distribution needs to come directly from your IRA to a qualified public charity like Children's Home Society of Washington (not a donor advised fund or private foundation).
  • Deadline for this year is Dec. 31, 2016.

Contact your IRA administrator immediately and let them know that you want to make an IRA charitable qualified distribution and make it count toward your required minimum distribution for 2016.  We can provide you with a sample letter/email of instructions for your IRA administrator if you wish.

Please call 206-695-3290 to explore if this option is right for you. This is not professional legal or tax advice. Please consult your professional adviser about the consequences of this gift to your situation.