Since Children’s Home Society of Washington was founded in 1896, volunteers have been an integral part of our organization.
From assisting adopted individuals find information about their biological parents, putting together backpacks of food for kids during the summer, to corporations who come in to paint and build garden beds, our volunteers are an extension of our workforce. Here is a sampling of some of our current volunteering opportunities across the state:
We have virtual volunteer positions assisting with data entry, content development, grant writing (public and private), and more.
Special Guest Speakers
We love to educate the children in our programs to new and different career paths. Come share your journey and educate our children and youth about your vocation.
One-time or Short-term Volunteering
- Help families practice their English language skills at one of our language cafes (Spanish, Arabic, French, Amharic, Somali, Chinese or Oromo)
- Host a craft or art lesson at one of our family resource centers
- Host a special computer class at one of our computer labs
- Teach a class to families and children about planting their own garden or about learning to identify different flora and fauna in their own neighborhoods
- Host a diaper drive at your local grocery store
- As a class assistant/reader, read and play with children at one of our early learning centers
- As a front desk reception/greeter, interact with families in our family resource center helping to connect them with local resources
- Tutor youth after-school with the Academic Fun Club or during the day at summer camp in Walla Walla
- As a member of the LGBTQA+ community, volunteer with Triple Point, our LGBTQA+ youth group during weekly sessions (also includes field trips and events)
- Registered pet partners animal teams visit our family resource centers and early learning centers
Please note: We do not offer volunteer opportunities for court-ordered community service.