Today, Children’s Home Society of Washington launches our annual holiday campaign called Red Stocking for the 108th time.
Started in 1908, our holiday campaign provides vital resources that support our children and families throughout the year. This year, we have many easy ways where you can make a difference in the lives of children:
- Invest in children – You can donate a gift online that goes directly to children in your community or contribute to our “Greatest Need” fund. You can also share your own giving URL with your friends and family members to encourage them to give too!
- Volunteer your time – With the re-launch of our volunteer program, we have many new and interesting ways that volunteers can contribute to the lives of children and their families.
- Give toys, gifts and more – Our early learning and family resource centers are always in need of goods for our families. We especially love donations of diapers in sizes of newborn and 2-6!
- Donate your car – We are now accepting donations of your used vehicle through Cars for Charity. It’s simple and easy!
- Use AmazonSmile – If you plan on shopping with Amazon this holiday season, remember to shop through AmazonSmile and select “Children’s Home Society of Washington” as your charity of choice. We receive as a donation a percentage of your purchase.
- Link Fred Meyers rewards card – Every time you shop at Fred Meyer, we receive a donation for a portion of your purchase.
If you are interested in making a longer term impact in the lives of children and families, please contact me at email@example.com or 206-388-5870. We offer many planned giving opportunities where you can leave a legacy that benefits children.
Andrea Myers is the executive director of Children’s Home Society & Trust Foundation.